Students who plan to complete an internship during the spring 2015 semester may qualify for funding of up to $2,500 to help alleviate costs associated with their experience.
Through a partnership with the James S. Kemper Foundation, Lake Forest College students are eligible to receive grants of $1,000 to $2,500 to help alleviate costs associated with interning at Chicagoland companies.
- Good academic standing at Lake Forest College
- Obtained or will obtain an unpaid or low paying internship; Internship can be for-credit or non-credit
- Preference will be given to business-related internships; all majors encouraged to apply
Two-Phase Application Process:
*You will receive an email within 2-3 business days stating whether or not you meet the qualifications to move forward in the application process.
PHASE TWO: If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will need to submit:
- Two Lake Forest Kemper Recommendation Forms: Forms must be submitted by two recommenders - one of which must be a Lake Forest College faculty member and a second from another individual who can comment on the character and professional preparation of the applicant.
- Resume and Unofficial Transcript
Applicants who have not yet secured an internship are encouraged to apply. Make an appointment with your career advisor ASAP for help seeking an internship site.
Application Deadline: The online survey must be submitted no later than November 14*
*Please contact email@example.com if you have extreme financial need and would like to request an earlier decision.
Funding decisions will be made based on:
- Financial need
- Candidate rating via Lake Forest College Kemper Recommendation Forms
- Candidate eligibility as stated above
- Educational benefit of internship
- Clarity and quality of application
- Quality of resume and of G.P.A.
View the Kemper Funding FAQ’s