Through a partnership with the James S. Kemper Foundation, Lake Forest College students are eligible to receive grants of $1,000 to $2,500 to help alleviate costs associated with interning at Chicagoland companies.
- Good academic standing at Lake Forest College
- Obtained or will obtain an unpaid or low paying internship; Internship can be for-credit or non-credit
- Preference will be given to business-related internships; all majors encouraged to apply
1. Application: Complete the online application form. A series of short answer questions will be asked - preview the questions here but submit all responses via the online application form.
2. Two Lake Forest Kemper Recommendation Forms: Forms must be submitted by two recommenders - one of which must be a Lake Forest College faculty member and a second from another individual who can comment the character and professional preparation of the applicant. Recommenders should submit the forms to email@example.com from their email account. A text only version of the form is available here.
3. Resume and Unofficial Transcript: Applicants must email a copy of a resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall 2014 Kemper Foundation Internship Application.”
Application Deadline: September 15*
*Please contact email@example.com if you have extreme financial need and would like to request an earlier decision
Funding decisions will be made based on:
- Financial need
- Candidate rating via Lake Forest College Kemper Recommendation Forms
- Candidate eligibility as stated above
- Educational benefit of internship
- Clarity and quality of application