- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Why pursue pre-health at Lake Forest College?
Students in the pre-health program work closely with professors in the classroom and in the lab beginning in their first year, and they participate in research and internship opportunities on and off campus. Ninety percent of Lake Forest College students who apply to medical school are accepted.
“I work closely with students to set up custom internships that allow them to follow their interests for credit,” said Assistant Professor of Biology Lynn Westley. “We also have the full suite of small courses that will allow students to qualify for any health profession that they wish to qualify for, for graduate school.”
Lake Forest pre-health students have gone on to study medicine, optometry, dentistry, veterinary science, and more at Brown Medical School, Columbia University Medical School, Dartmouth Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Tufts Dental School, and University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School.
The College also has affiliations with nearby Rush University College of Nursing and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.