- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Professor of Mathematics DeJuran Richardson appointed to stroke prevention committee
Richardson was appointed by The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association to the authorship committee for the publication “Guidelines for Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack.”
This soon-to-be guideline and policy publication was commissioned by the U.S. Stroke Council to provide clinicians, patients, and policy makers with the most current evidence-based information with respect to preventing strokes among patients at highest risk.
Richardson is also a principal co-investigator of the research project “Optimizing Navigation to Successful Colorectal Cancer Screening” that was granted funding last summer from the American Cancer Association. Colorectal cancer remains the second most common cause of cancer related death in the U.S. and this project aims to assess the effectiveness of using community-oriented guides (instead of health professionals) to encourage and support early screening among individuals at high risk.