- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lake Forest College welcomes new faculty this fall
Six new faculty will be joining the College for the 2011-2012 academic year.
Six full-time faculty are joining the ranks at Lake Forest College this year. Their areas of study help the College expand its current programs to support the growing student body.
Verena Bonitz, a native of Germany, joins the Department of Psychology having recently completed her PhD in psychology at Iowa State University. A recipient of the Graduate Teaching Excellence Award at Iowa, Professor Bonitz also has a PhD in coatings and polymeric materials from North Dakota State University and an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Applied Sciences, Esslingen, Germany.
Aurelia Campbell comes to Lake Forest as the ACM-Mellon Post-Doctoral Fellow in Asian Art History. A specialist in early Ming-era Buddhist art, Aurelia has been pursuing her PhD degree in art history at the University of Pennsylvania. She has previously served as a visiting scholar in the Department of Archaeology and Museology at Peking University and holds a BA degree in art history and studio art from Pitzer College.
Daniel Hanna, an expert on women’s convent poetry in 17th- and 18th-century France, joins the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures from Princeton University, where he has been completing his PhD. Professor Hanna also holds an MA in music performance from the University of Colorado and a BM in music education from Temple University.
Chloe Johnston returns to Lake Forest College this year as an assistant professor of theater and performance studies. She holds PhD and MA degrees in performance studies from Northwestern University and a BA degree in art history from the University of Chicago. An experienced writer, director and performer, Chloe is an ensemble member of the Neo-Futurists and has worked extensively in the Chicago theater world.
Camille Johnson-Yale will be joining the Department of Communication from the University of Illinois at Chicago, where she has been a visiting faculty member since 2008. A specialist in the globalization of media industries, Camille has a PhD degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an MA from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She completed her BS degree in Communication at Ohio University.
Esteban Urdiales joins the Lake Forest College faculty as a one-year postdoctoral fellow in mathematics. Esteban holds PhD and MA degrees in applied mathematics from Northwestern University and a BS in mathematics and computer science from the University of Illinois at Chicago.