- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Plant Maintenance Mechanic
This position will provide maintenance support that includes, but is not limited to inspections, proactive and preventative maintenance, and corrective repairs. This role will interact daily with management, contractors, faculty, and other cross-functional staff, but the overall work is independent in nature. Additionally, the role supports a 24-hour, 5-7 day per week operation.
- Performs routine PM’s and general service on various pieces of industrial/commercial equipment and mechanical s
- Troubleshoots, restores, and repairs malfunctioning mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Completes projects as scheduled which may require working hours outside of regular shift.
- Responds promptly to emergency repairs taking appropriate corrective action.
- Monitors and adjusts chemical testing of pool, boilers, and air conditioning systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient knowledge of electrical systems, circuits and electrical safety procedures, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and of the basic refrigeration cycle.
- Must be able to safely and properly use ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, multimeters, amp probes, anemometers (airflow meter and hood), pressure gauges, drain augers, plungers, safety goggles, ear protection and fire extinguishers.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations related to the boiler facility operations.
- Experience with cleaning, repairing and maintaining boilers and related equipment and tools used in stationary engineering.
- Work in hazardous conditions, confined spaces and adverse weather.
- Must be available for after-hours and weekend assignments or emergency calls on a rotational basis.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- HVAC Certification.
- Stationary Engineering License (or within three months of hiring).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the building operation/maintenance field.
- Certified Pool Operators License preferred.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Philip Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Plant Maintenance Mechanic in the subject line. No calls please.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.