- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/198/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/50546_Middle_South_drone1.rev.1554236092.jpg)"/>
Encourage your student to take action during Career Month
Career Month is February! Students are encouraged to celebrate Career Month by attending events that will help them get connected to experienced alumni and professionals as well as top employment opportunities within their Career Pathway—and make plans for their summer and post-graduation.
These events are designed to help students build their networks and learn how they can define their unique career path at the College and beyond:
- Feb. 13–So You Want to Do an Internship?: This workshop will teach students how to apply, land, and get academic credit for internships.
- Feb. 19–Careers in English: Megy Karydes: Students in English and related majors will learn how to apply their writing, reading and critical thinking skills professionally from Megy Karydes, a freelance writer and public relations professional.
- Feb. 19–Modern Languages and Literatures Career Panel: A discussion of academic and career trajectories by Lake Forest College language major alumni and current seniors.
- Feb. 19–Careers in Health Care and Research Networking Event: Students will speak with alumni and connect with employers to learn how to further their career in the booming health care field.
- Feb. 20–The Mechanics of Becoming a Lawyer: A panel discussion of the LSAT, getting into law school and practicing law.
- Feb. 24–A Conversation on Leadership with Claire Babineaux-Fontenot, CEO of Feeding America: Students will hear how a personal commitment to kindness and community, a love of Shakespeare and the arts, and a fierce focus on equity drove one woman from rural Louisiana to becoming the leader of America’s largest anti-hunger charity.
- Feb. 25–Employer Showcase: A networking event in which students will find opportunities across the Business and Finance Pathway, apply for jobs and internships, and hear from alumni professionals.
- March 19–Career-A-Palooza: A conference-style event designed to help students build the essential skills they need before applying to internships, jobs and graduate school. Sessions will focus on professional development to help your student take center stage!
- March 24–Environmental and Biology Careers Networking Event: A small-group networking event for students interested in environmental careers.
In addition to events across the Pathways, every week during Career Month the Career Advancement Center’s drop-in Express Advising from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday–Friday in the Mohr Student Center will have a special theme. Students can drop in during one or all of the following weeks: Career Exploration, Networking Skills, Resumes and Professional Profiles, and Interviewing Skills.
Encourage your student to attend events of interest and drop-in at Express Advising this month—there is something for everyone!