- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Lake Forest College, a small, private liberal arts institution located just 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks applications for an Admissions Counselor opening. The position’s primary role will be recruiting students, likely from Chicagoland as well as other areas to be determined, to enroll at the College. In addition, the Admissions Counselor will help plan campus events and fulfill other assigned programmatic and administrative responsibilities, contributing to the overall success of the team. The job demands an exceptional work ethic, ability to travel, and the willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Lake Forest College is proud to serve a diverse population. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of and appreciation for issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Fluency in Spanish will be an asset, as will any prior experience in higher education, particularly admissions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Anticipated start date will be June 1, 2020.
The job description is as follows:
- Represent Lake Forest College to prospective students, families, and high school counselors
- Manage assigned geographic territories: develop/implement recruitment strategies and personally recruit students from inquiry through enrollment stages
- Travel as required to selected territories: visit area high schools, conduct interviews and information sessions, attend college fairs, and host events and receptions
- Evaluate students’ applications and recommend admissions decisions
- Incorporate constituency groups in recruitment: current students, faculty and staff members, coaches, alumni, and parents of enrolled students or graduates
- Assist families in understanding merit and need-based financial aid awards
- Help plan and execute campus events as a member of the Visit and Event Team
- Manage assigned programmatic and administrative responsibilities
- Represent the Office of Admissions at selected events and professional conferences and meetings, often including evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.