- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
User Services Specialist
Lake Forest College located in Lake Forest, IL has an exciting opening for an early career IT professional. The User Services Specialist is a key member of the User Services team providing support for desktop and lab computing and end user devices. Responsibilities include mixed OS lab administration, resolving end user technology issues, and recommending solutions for technology challenges while doing the research to support those recommendations. Advanced technical knowledge of Windows and MacOS and mainstream mobile devices, and excellent troubleshooting skills are required. To be successful in this role, you must be an effective communicator in person, on the phone, and in writing. This position has Help Desk responsibilities and will need the ability to prioritize issue reports effectively.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide excellent customer service with a user-centered focus in resolving software, hardware, and device problems.
- Answer Help Desk calls and problem tickets promptly and properly prioritize issue reports based upon impact and urgency.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of lab and desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software according to established standards.
- Maintain or create scripts for OS or endpoint computer maintenance.
- Contribute to the creation of User Services documentation and student staff training to provide consistency for end user support.
- Maintain accurate records for hardware deployment and assist with inventory tracking.
- Provide end user assistance and troubleshooting for mobile and personal devices connecting to the College network.
- Exhibit extreme attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
Evidence of appropriate training and on-the-job success is a primary qualification. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in information technology or a relevant field is required.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Experience with computer software deployment/imaging tools like Munki, SCCM, and Symantec Ghost in a centralized management model.
- Experience with basic Active Directory administration.
- Experience supporting audiovisual technology.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues and end users.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Forest College is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from more than 40 states and from more than 70 countries. Lake Forest is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.