- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/198/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/50546_Middle_South_drone1.rev.1554236092.jpg)"/>
Honors bestowed during Matriculation 2019
As part of the annual Matriculation Ceremony on Wednesday, August 28, a number of students and faculty were honored with awards.
- Scott Fossel ’75 Prize: Uche Okeke’21 and Enjo Salonga ’22. Recognizes a rising junior and a rising sophomore who exhibit positive leadership attributes in scholarly and/or co-curricular activities.
- Emma O. Haas Memorial Award for Merit in Scholarship: Nina Codell ’20 and Kathryn Maksymiu ’21. Awarded to a junior and sophomore for outstanding scholarship during the preceding academic year.
- First-Year Writing Contest Award: Rachel Peterson ’22. Bestowed on a first-year student who demonstrated interest and excellence in scholarly writing.
- All-College Writing Award: Maria Civitello ’20. Encourages interest and excellence in scholarly writing by all undergraduate students at the College.
- Roger A. White ’60 Prize in Philosophy: Katie Harris ’20. Recognizes a philosophy major who embodies Roger White’s intellectual curiosity and strong belief in lifelong learning.
- Bird Award for Intellectual Contributions to the Campus Community: Professor of Music Don Meyer. Recognizes a College faculty, staff, student, or friend who brings a special measure of intellectual fervor and commitment.
President Stephen Schutt, Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty Davis Schneiderman and Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students Andrea Conner, assisted by Faculty Marshal and Professor Carol Tuttle, presented the awards.