- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Admission Counselor/Assistant Director/Associate Director
Lake Forest College, a small private liberal arts institution located just 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks applications immediately for an Admission Counselor/Assistant Director/Associate Director in the Office of Admissions with primary recruitment responsibility for the city of Chicago. Lake Forest College is proud to serve a diverse population and qualified candidates will have an eagerness to work with the broad spectrum of students coming from the city of Chicago including underserved and first-generation students.
The successful candidate will effectively and efficiently recruit a sizable territory from points of inquiry to matriculation, manage administrative responsibilities, and contribute to the overall success of the team. The job demands an exceptional work ethic, travel, and the willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to Jackie Hoefler, Senior Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
The job description is as follows:
- Represent Lake Forest College to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and community college counselors
- Develop recruitment strategies and travel primarily to the city of Chicago
- Visit area high schools, conduct interviews and information sessions, cover college fairs, host events and receptions
- Work with student interns to develop reading process for Chicago applications
- Evaluate students’ applications and recommend admissions decisions
- Incorporate constituency groups in recruitment: current students, faculty and staff members, coaches, alumni, and parents of enrolled students or graduates
- Cover on-campus events and conduct interviews with visitors
- Assist families in understanding merit and need-based financial aid awards
- Represent the Office of Admissions at selected events, professional conferences, and meetings, often including evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in higher education, admissions in particular, preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.