- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Admission Counselor/Assistant Director/Associate Director of Admissions Events
Lake Forest College, a small private liberal arts institution located just 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks applications immediately for an Admission Counselor/Assistant Director/Associate Director in the Office of Admissions.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities are to recruit a territory as well as take a large role in planning and potentially overseeing the visit and events program in admissions. This includes activities ranging from individual visits from prospective students and their families to planning large scale yield programs in the spring. The job demands an exceptional work ethic, travel, and the willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to Jackie Hoefler, Senior Director of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
- Represent Lake Forest College to prospective students, parents, and high school counselors
- Visit area high schools, conduct interviews and information sessions, cover college fairs, host events and receptions
- Evaluate students’ applications and recommend admissions decisions
- Incorporate constituency groups in recruitment: current students, faculty and staff members, coaches, alumni, and parents of enrolled students or graduates
- Assist families in understanding merit and need-based financial aid awards
- Represent the Office of Admissions at selected events, professional conferences, and meetings, often including evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead the visit and events team, which has responsibility for all personal visits to campus, open house programs, receptions, counselor programs, and yield events with assistance from admissions and campus staff members
- Review and update guidelines and standards for all visits and events
- Develop and manage communication related to events
- Manage visit and events annual budget
- Work closely with lead on student ambassador program to ensure all programs have student coverage
- Dependent on experience, supervise visit coordinator and receptionist
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in higher education, admissions in particular, is preferred
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.