- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30146_education.rev.1452787986.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30147_english-_literature.rev.1452788000.png)"/>
New York Times account (for current students, faculty, and staff)
- Go to http://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/
- Type in “Lake Forest College.” You will be redirected to a registration page
- Select “Create Account” and register using your Lake Forest College email address
- Login to your College email and verify your account. Check your “junk” or “clutter” folders if you do not see an email from the New York Times.
- Once you establish your login credentials, you will be able to access NYTimes.com on or off campus by going directly to NYTimes.com and logging in. Your access will remain in place for another 364 days before you are asked to re-register.
- If you are a current paid subscriber and use your Lake Forest College email address for your subscription, log in to your paid subscription and then select “settings” to change the email address to a different .edu email address. For example, you might change it to @mx.lakeforest.edu, and reserve @lakeforest.edu for the College subscription. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
- If you previously set up an account for “academic pass” access to the New York times, go to http://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/, select “Lake Forest College,” and then select “Already have an Account? Log in here.” You will receive a verification email. After that, you will be able to access NYTimes.com on or off campus by going directly to NYTimes.com and logging in.
Searching the New York Times:
- Use the New York Times search box to find your article by keywords.
Once you have initiated a search, you can refine your search by date range or author.
- To see older articles, click: View original in TimesMachine
For additional help, ask a librarian.