- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Welcome to Lake Forest College Community Events! All events are open to the public. If you would like to attend any of the events listed below, please click on the event and follow the directions or fill out the form to register.
Tuesday, September 264:00 p.m.: Viking Economics: How the Scandinavians Got It Right - and How We Can, Too
Tuesday, October 37:00 p.m.: Ruth Winter lecture with Rich Cohen
Friday, October 6All Day: Homecoming 2017 3:00 p.m.: The Architecture of David Adler
Monday, October 9All Day: Fall Open House for New and Transfer Students
Sunday, October 223:00 p.m.: Musical Souvenirs from the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893
Thursday, October 267:00 p.m.: Lake Forest Reads: Ragdale 2017
Friday, October 275:00 p.m.: TEDx Lake Forest: Curving the Straight Line
Monday, November 64:15 p.m.: CAP and BAW Opening Lecture: Biological and Bionic Hands
BIOLOGICAL AND BIONIC HANDS: Natural neural coding and artificial perception”.
Tuesday, November 74:15 p.m.: BAW Lecture: Mad Cows, Cannibals, and Insomniacs
Dr. James Mastrianni is a Professor in Department of Neurology and theDirector of the Center of Comprehensive Care and Research on Memory Disorder at the University of Chicago. He will give the Keynote Lecture of the 2017 Brain Awareness Week with a talk entitled “MAD COWS, CANNIBALS, AND INSOMNIACS: The deadly consequences of prion shapes”.
Wednesday, November 84:15 p.m.: BAW Mind and Society Dialogue : Brain, Race, and Theater
Lydia Diamond, noted American Playwright and Author, will lead a discussion on Brain, Race, and Theater as the featured Mind and Society Dialogue event of the 2017 Brain Awareness Week. This event is designed to highlight the interdisciplinary breadth of neuroscience and how it impacts human society particularly through our understanding of the humanities, arts, and social sciences.
Thursday, November 95:00 p.m.: Robert B. Glassman Brain, Mind, and Behavior Symposium
Friday, November 10All Day: Fall Open House for New and Transfer Students
Monday, November 136:30 p.m.: Film: The Linguists
Friday, December 17:00 p.m.: Band, Choir, and Orchestra Concert
Wednesday, December 67:00 p.m.: Women’s Hockey Outdoor Classic vs. Aurora
Monday, October 9
: All Day: Fall Open House for New and Transfer StudentsOct9
Lectures and Presentations
Tuesday, October 3
: 7:00 p.m.: Ruth Winter lecture with Rich CohenOct3Noted author Rich Cohen presents a talk based on his new book, “The Chicago Cubs: Story of a Curse.”
Saturday, October 7
: 2:00 p.m.: Homecoming: Football vs. KnoxOct7