- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Adult and Continuing Education
At Lake Forest, the learning never stops. Many courses are open to the community for credit or audit.
Community members are welcome to audit most courses offered at Lake Forest. Auditors are not required to submit a transcript. The cost to audit is $400 per class. Contact Carol Gayle for more information.
Students of all ages may take classes to work towards a bachelor’s degree at a college other than Lake Forest College, or to prepare for graduate study.
Students may take courses on a part-time or full-time basis. All credits earned may be applied toward a degree at Lake Forest College. (The Office of Admissions will review a student’s performance at the end of each semester. Students who demonstrate the ability to complete their coursework successfully may submit a change of status application to become fully matriculated students.)
Writing by the Lake
This year-round series offers community members the chance to learn essential writing techniques and to experiment with cutting-edge forms. Learn more.
Summer at Lake Forest College has something for everyone, from undergraduate courses open to the community as part of Summer Session, our new Summer Language Institute that will give you a global edge, and our By The Lake community seminars for the curious learner in all of us. Learn more.