Ready for more?
Here’s a sampling of additional resources available at the Career Advancement Center. Look to the bottom of the list for special comprehensive resources.
BEST ALL-AROUND RESOURCES
Focus 2 guides students through a career and education decision making model to help you select majors at Lake Forest College, make informed career decisions, and take action. New users can click here to create an account (use access code “forester”) and existing users should click here to login.
Vault Campus has over 100 titles of award-winning career guides, job-search tips, and full-length profiles of leading companies, all available to Lake Forest students through a special subscription.
Looking for an international job or internship? Going Global is the place for information on international employers and employers sponsoring H1B visas.
CAREER EXPLORATION RESOURCES
Learn about yourself and your career/academic options.
- Focus 2: An online career, major, and education planning system. New users can click here to create an account (use access code “forester”) and existing users should click here to login.
- Targeting Your Career Field: Ways to explore career fields or industries of interest.
The Lake Forest College Career Wheel: Connect your interests and skills to majors at Lake Forest College and career fields in the real world.
O*Net: Browse detailed descriptions of various career fields.
Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH): Learn detailed information such as educational qualifications, job outlook, and salary range for a career field of interest.
RESUME AND COVER LETTER RESOURCES
Our team of career advisors can help you make sure your resume and cover letter stands out.
Check out our Resume and Cover Letter Resources, which include Starting Your First Resume, Resume Action Verbs List, Common Resume Mistakes, How to Put Together a Great Cover Letter and more!
At Lake Forest, students have easy access to great internships.
NETWORKING AND JOB SEARCH RESOURCES
Whether you’re looking for an internship or job, these resources can help.
Your guide to networking - learn how to build and use your network
Join the Forester Career Network for access to over 500 alumni and professionals
Search for internship and full-time job opportunities on ForesterLink, Lake Forest College’s online career portal and job board
- Find part-time paid positions in QuadJobs, a great resource for Lake Forest students looking for part-time jobs near campus.
INTERVIEW TIPS AND TRICKS
Use your skills and experience to get the job.
Log in to ForesterLink to download these guides and more:
- Finding and Evaluating Companies and Organizations
- Researching Organizations
- Conducting an Informational Interview
- What can you do with your (blank) major?
- Developing Your Professional Intro
- So you want to be a (blank)