- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
McHenry County College
Lake Forest College and McHenry County College (MCC) enjoy a strong educational partnership. Each semester we enroll some of the best and brightest transfer students from MCC.
- Guaranteed Admission Program
- Pathway for Business
- Pathway for Arts and Humanities
- Up to $25,000 in Scholarships
Guaranteed Internship (Humanities majors)
|AP Credit for MCC Students|
As part of recognizing the Associate in Arts (AA) degree credential, we will accept scores of “3” on Advanced Placement (AP) exams from students whose community colleges have applied such credit towards the hours needed for their AA.
Scores of 3, 4, or 5 on the examinations, may entitle students to at least one course credit. Scores of 1 or 2 are not granted credit. A score of 4 or better on both the microeconomics and macroeconomics exams is required for one course credit in economics.
Each department determines the specific amount of credit to be awarded. Credit will not be granted for both Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate program examinations in the same department.
A Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement provides MCC students seamless transfer to earn their bachelor’s degree at Lake Forest College. MCC students will benefit from personalized academic planning from both institutions early in their college career.
- Please submit the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form if you intend to participate in this program
Pathway Scholar Programs at Lake Forest College
|Pathway Business Scholars|
MCC students who seek to major in business and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferable semester hours are eligible for the Pathway Business Scholars program. **
This program is a 2+2 transfer program with guaranteed admission for accepted students. No additional application is required. Students must meet a prescribed curriculum (please see transfer guide) and have a minimum 3.25 GPA for consideration.
|Pathway Humanities Scholars|
Lake Forest College will support up to 15 Pathways Humanities Scholars who are interested majoring in the humanities and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferable semester hours at MCC. **
Students must have a minimum 3.25 GPA for consideration. Academic areas of focus will include American studies, studio art, art history, Asian studies, English, French, Spanish, history, music, philosophy, religion, theater, and Latin American studies.
*Please note that eligible Phi Theta Kappa students will receive the $25,000 Phi Theta Kappa scholarship and the special Pathway designation and benefits listed below for either the Pathway Humanities or Pathway Business scholarships.
** Students will be evaluated at the end of every academic year at the College. Pathway Scholars are required to maintain a 2.0 GPA.