- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
Harper Community College
Lake Forest College and William Rainey Harper College enjoy a strong educational partnership. Each semester we enroll some of the best and brightest transfer students from Harper.
- NEW! Full-Tuition Scholarship for Harper Honors Students
- Pathways for Business, Arts and Humanities
- Up to $25,000 in Scholarships
Guaranteed Internship (Humanities majors)
Guaranteed Harper Honors Program Admission
A Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement provides students in the Harper Honors program seamless transfer to earn their bachelor’s degree at Lake Forest College.
- Please submit the Harper Honors Program to Lake Forest College Guaranteed Admission Participation Form if you intend to participate in this program.
Harper Honors Full-Tuition Scholarship
|Full-Tuition Scholarship for Harper Honors Students|
It’s easy to apply for the Lake Forest Transfer Scholarship, available exclusively to Harper Honors Program students.
The recipient of Lake Forest Full-Tuition Transfer Scholarship award will be selected by a joint Lake Forest College and Harper College selection committee no later than April 1, 2020.
|AP Credit for Harper Students|
Students who have successfully completed Advanced Placement courses and the appropriate examinations provided by the College Entrance Examination Board may apply for college credit for this work.
As part of recognizing the Associate in Arts (AA) degree credential, we will accept scores of “3” on Advanced Placement (AP) exams from students whose community colleges have applied such credit towards the hours needed for their AA.
Scores of 3, 4, or 5 on the examinations, may entitle students to at least one course credit. Scores of 1 or 2 are not granted credit. A score of 4 or better on both the microeconomics and macroeconomics exams is required for one course credit in economics.
Each department determines the specific amount of credit to be awarded. Credit will not be granted for both Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate program examinations in the same department.
Pathway Scholar Programs at Lake Forest College
|Pathway Business Scholars|
Harper students who seek to major in business and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferable semester hours are eligible for the Pathway Business Scholars program. **
This program is a 2+2 transfer program with guaranteed admission for accepted students. No additional application is required. Students must meet a prescribed curriculum (please see transfer guide) and have a minimum 3.25 GPA for consideration.
|Pathway Humanities Scholars|
Lake Forest College will support up to 15 Pathways Humanities Scholars who are interested majoring in the humanities and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferable semester hours at Harper. **
Students must have a minimum 3.25 GPA for consideration. Academic areas of focus will include American studies, studio art, art history, Asian studies, English, French, Spanish, history, music, philosophy, religion, theater, and Latin American and Latinx studies.
*Please note that eligible Phi Theta Kappa students will receive the $25,000 Phi Theta Kappa scholarship and the special Pathway designation and benefits listed below for either the Pathway Humanities, or Pathway Business scholarships.
** Students will be evaluated at the end of every academic year at the College. Pathway Scholars are required to maintain a 2.0 GPA.