- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
Meet Melissa Naughton
Director of Transfer Admissions
High School: Dwight D. Eisenhower High School (Decatur, IL)
College and Major:B.A. Millikin University, M.S.Ed Eastern Illinois University
Working for the College Since: 2008
My Life Before Lake Forest: I was an Assistant Director of Career Services at Northwestern University for several years and then a stay-at-home mom until I started working at the College.
One Word or Phrase to Describe Myself: Thoughtful
Top 3 Reasons I Would Choose to Attend Lake Forest College:
1. Location, location, location.
2. The access to faculty and the small class size.
3. The diversity of the student body.
What Character Traits Do I Appreciate in an Applicant: Persistence, organization, and openness.
What Makes the College Unique: It’s hard to pick just one thing, but I think I would put the diversity of the student body which provides every student with a richness of different perspectives both in and out of the classroom up at the top of the list.
Hint for Success: Don’t be afraid to take risks. Put yourself out there and try new things.
Favorite Activity in Chicago: Watching the Cubs play at Wrigley, of course!
Favorite Place in the Town of Lake Forest: Elawa Farm/Middlefork Savanna. A beautiful place to run, ride your bike, or take a walk. Amazing sunsets can be seen here.
A Fun Fact to Share: You would not know it to look at me, but I am an avid Chicago sports fan. I really enjoy attending sporting events with my husband and kids.