- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Meet Mitch Dunham
High School: St. Joseph High School (St. Joseph, MI)
College and Major: B.S. in Biology from Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, IN
Working for the College Since: 2013
My Life Before Lake Forest: Before starting here in the Admissions Office I attended Valparaiso University and worked in the Undergraduate Admission Office for 3 years.
One Word or Phrase to Describe Myself: Embracing every opportunity.
Top 3 Reasons I Would Choose to Attend Lake Forest College:
1.) Sincere sense of community. Walking around campus you feel welcome and invited by all of the faculty staff and students.
2.) CHICAGO! Being so close to such an amazing city gives you the chance to take advantage of all of the concerts, museums, activities, and of course great food while still being able to retreat to our beautiful campus only 30 miles north.
3.) Opportunity. Lake Forest College presents students with the ability to take classes in many different fields and content areas without it being your major or specialty. The opportunity for students also extends out of the classroom into extra curricular activities from Greek life to language clubs to intramural sports.
What Character Traits Do I Appreciate in an Applicant: Engaged, motivated, and thoughtful. I love when students ask questions and really take full advantage of all of the resources that are available to them.
What Makes the College Unique: With the college sitting just 30 miles north of Chicago the location really allows students to have a home away from home but still be able to experience all that the great city has to offer.
Tip for the College Search: Start early and never be afraid to ask questions! With so many colleges out there you literally have the world at your fingertips, reach out to admissions offices and current students at a university to really get a sense of what the college has to offer and make that final decision of whether or not a particular place is for you.
Hint for Success: You can only do what you believe is right. Always be open to advice and input from those around you, but in order to be truly happy in life you first have to listen to your heart.
Favorite Activity in Chicago: Going to free concerts in Millennium Park with great friends and a cooler full of food!
Favorite Place in the Town of Lake Forest: My favorite place in Lake Forest has to be the sand volleyball courts down at the beach.
A Fun Fact to Share: I was Homecoming king in both high school and college.