- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
Free Summer Offerings
The College is offering this special opportunity in response to the financial challenges that many students and families are now experiencing due to the coronavirus.
Both first-year and transfer students starting at the College this fall will be able to take a FREE course.
For First-Year Students
We will be offering a number of First-Year Studies courses online for our June and July terms for deposited first-year students. Students can choose up to 4 they are interested in and then will be assigned to one of the four courses.
Classes students will be able to choose from are:
- Becoming Adult in Times of Change: Liminal States
- From Community to Violence: Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in the Pre-Modern Mediterranean
- Robots & Brains: Fantasies & Facts
- Sacred Spaces in Chicago and Beyond
- BFFs, “Besties,” and Female Friendship
- Women Onstage: From Antigone to Beyoncé
- Baseball in Chicago
To be eligible to participate, students must be admitted to the College for Fall 2020 and make their $200 deposit prior to June 1.
For Transfer Students
All deposited, full-time transfer students to the College are eligible to enroll in one free, full-credit course during our summer terms. Classes have three hours a day set aside for synchronous work, four days a week, either in the mornings or in the afternoons.
- May Term: May 12–June 5, 2020
- June Term: June 8–July 2, 2020
- July Term: July 6–July 30, 2020
View the summer schedule and course descriptions.
To be eligible to participate, transfer students must be admitted to the College for Fall 2020 and make their $200 deposit prior to the start of the session.