- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Financial Aid for Undocumented Students
Funding from the College is available to students who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents. Funding from private sources is also available. This page will provide links to and details about securing such funding.
Lake Forest Scholarships
Unless noted otherwise, undocumented students are eligible for the scholarships found on our Scholarships Page.
Lake Forest Grant
Grants are similar to scholarships - you do not repay them. A grant is “need-based” so it considers your family income and other resources. To apply, complete the Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application.
Total Lake Forest Funding
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the value of combined grant and scholarship funds is up to $33,000.
You can expect to receive similar aid each year if your academic performance is consistent with the standards of the College. An annual application is not required.
Federal and State Grants and Loans
To receive funds from the federal government and/or State of Illinois, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Private Scholarships and Grants
DDLR Scholarship - new, due Feb 15
My (Un)Documented Life - new site added January 28
Work-Study is an opportunity to have a part-time job on campus, with funding provided by the College. In most cases the amount offered is up to $2,500 per year, though this is not guaranteed.To qualify, you must: (1) show financial need (Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application), (2) have DACA status, and (3) have an employment authorization document.
Private Student Loans
Loans may be available if you have a credit-worthy co-signor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The College is not a lender. View some of the loan options.