• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>


Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

Funding from the College is available to students who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents. Illinois residents may qualify for a state grant. Funding from private sources is also available. This page provides links to and details about securing such funding.

Lake Forest Scholarships
Unless noted otherwise, undocumented students are eligible for the scholarships found on our Scholarships Page
Lake Forest Grant
Grants are similar to scholarships - you do not repay them. A grant is “need-based” so it considers your family income and other resources. To apply, complete our Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application for 2020-2021.  
Total Lake Forest Funding

Students enrolling for the first time in the fall of 2020 may receive grant and scholarship funds totaling up to $40,000.

You can expect to receive similar aid each year if your academic performance is consistent with the standards of the College. An annual application is not required.

Federal and State Grants and Loans

You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to receive federal grant, loan or work-study funds.

However, if you are an Illinois resident (see bottom of right hand column), the RISE Act allows you to apply for the following State funds

(1) applications available summer/fall 2020 

More information (video)

Private Scholarships and Grants

The following sites will help you identify scholarship opportunities outside of Lake Forest College.


DDLR Scholarship 

DREAMers Roadmap

Golden Door Scholars


Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund

My (Un)Documented Life

Private Scholarship Guide for Undocumented Students   


Work-Study is an opportunity to have a part-time job on campus, and is funded by the College. In most cases the amount offered is up to $2,500 per year, though this is not guaranteed. To qualify, you must: (1) have DACA status, and (2) show financial need (Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application), and (3) have an employment authorization document. 
Private Student Loans
Loans may be available if you have a credit-worthy co-signor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The College is not a lender.  View some of the loan options.  
Other Resources

Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC)

My (Un)Documented Life

Undocumented Student’s Guide to College (Illinois publication)