- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
The College is proud to partner with the VA and similar agencies to provide veterans and their families with funds to help pay the cost of higher education.
We appreciate your patience as we add/edit content.
Post-9/11 G.I. Bill
Summary: Eligible veterans or their spouse/dependent may receive up to $21,970.46 for the entire academic year, from the VA.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Summary: The College began its participation in this program in 2015. As of 9/1/16 it remains a participating institution. The College currently considers funding up to five enrolled eligible students at any given time, with up to $20,000 in funds available (per person).
The College’s portion of Yellow Ribbon funds may be in the form of a Lake Forest Grant, academic or talent scholarships provided by the College, including Patterson Academic, Presidential, Phi Theta Kappa, College of Lake County Scholarships, Art, Music, Theater, etc.
Eligible students must reapply each year (first-come, first-served basis) showing continued eligibility for funding.
Federal and Private Sources
There are numerous sites that will help identify sources of funds for veterans and their spouses, children, grandchildren, etc. While we believe that the resources below are worthwhile, we do not guarantee the authenticity of the information or websites, and do not endorse the information or services offered. Deadlines and other dates are assumed to be valid annually.
- Air Force - General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - 25 military-related resources
- Navy-Marine Corps
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs - veterans/children
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Lake Forest participates as of 9/1/16
- AffordableColleges.com (general resource, various service branches)
- American Legion child, (great)grandchild, WWI/II, Korea, Vietnam, etc
- Amvets - Illinois National
- Armed Forces Crossroads
- Iran & Afghanistan - if your parent died in service after 9/11
- Military Officers Association of America - Veterans, family members
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veteran’s Service Organizations
Veterans United Foundation
- VFW - Veterans of Foreign Wars