If you feel the FAFSA (federal application) does not provide an accurate picture of your family’s financial situation, please complete the form(s) below to provide your personal, special circumstances.
Optional: Complete Special Circumstance Forms
- Currently available only for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Necessary only if your cost exceeds any minimum amount shown
- Educational Expense - $2000; tuition for parent or younger sibling
- Educational Loan in Repayment -$2000; parent repaying loans
- Healthcare Expense - $3000; expenses paid in 2013 / 2014
- Income Change, parent - a significant change in 2014 vs. 2013
- Income Change, student - a significant change in 2014 vs. 2013
- Second Household - if living in two homes in different cities
- Unusual Expense - $2000; daycare, funeral, legal, etc. in 2013/2014
Tax Documents. New Requirements …
Federal regulations have changed related to verifying your and/or your parent’s income. In all cases, we are no longer permitted to use a copy of your federal tax return as proof of your income.
Instead, families are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) as part of the FAFSA. Watch the video to see how it works.
If you decide not to, or are unable to, use the IRS DRT above, families must then provide an official IRS Tax Return Transcript. This document comes directly from the IRS, and is sent to you or to us (the Office of Financial Aid).
- To request a Tax Return Transcript use the above link or call 800-908-9946