- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29737___img_2920.rev.1453218166.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
High School Admissions Counselors
We appreciate the time and energy you put forth in helping students find the right college. Below is information we hope you can use to assist your students in making their college choices.
Early Action I
Early Decision (binding)
Early Decision Agreement (pdf)
Early Action II
Lake Forest College employs a holistic process to determine an applicant’s admission and future success as a Forester. We try to objectively assess the following points:
• Academic program
• Senior curriculum
• Grade Point Average
• Adjusted Grade Point Average (AGPA)
• College placement
• Community engagement
• Potential to benefit and contribute (interview)
• English initiative
• Writing evaluation
• Mathematical initiative
• Standardized test scores
• Level of non-English language study
We also have identified additional values that indicate a strong fit:
Big city connections: Students who want the best of both worlds! A residential campus located just 30 miles north of the resources and vibrancy of Chicago.
Active participants: Students who want to pursue internships, a mentor relationship, research and volunteer opportunities, or a chance to chat with a professor after class. We seek students who are active and enthusiastic participants in their education.
Adventure seekers: We want to see students who are independent, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are willing to make choices that lead them in new directions.
Lake Forest College has a test-optional admissions policy, which means that most students, with the exception of international and home-schooled students, are not required to submit standardized test scores. Students who choose not to submit their scores are required to interview with an admission counselor. This can be done via phone, Skype, or in person, and the student is responsible for scheduling the interview. International students are required to submit TOEFL scores. Homeschool students are required to submit standardized test scores.
Lake Forest College is known for making the college experience an affordable one for our students and their families. Click here to get an idea of the scholarships students may be eligible for using high school GPA (weighted or unweighted) and ACT or SAT scores. While it is based on GPA and test score, there is a holistic review on the back end which takes into consideration academic program and rigor.