- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Fall Admitted Students
As a commuter student, you are part of an active and growing group on campus. Read below for information about campus life that is specific to you.
The College has a three-year residency requirement, which means that all first-, second-, and third-year students are required to live on campus. Students may apply for an exemption from the three-year residency requirement if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live at home with parent/guardian within 45 road miles of the College*
*Due to the Coronavirus pandemic we have expanded our commuter radius. If you find yourself wanting to be at home this year, please contact the financial aid office to update your status and receive a new financial aid award letter.
- Age 23 or older;
- Have dependent children;
- Are married;
- Active members of the armed forces; or,
- Have completed 24 Lake Forest College credits or more (not including AP or IB credits).
Commuter Student Lounge
Located in Deerpath Residence Hall on the lower level, the commuter student lounge is outfitted with sofas, a TV with a DVD player, a full-size fridge, and a microwave.
Your mailbox is an important link to campus and is where you’ll get information and correspondence from campus groups, faculty, staff, and fellow students. In August, you will receive a mailbox number and combination. In the meantime, click here for general information about mail services on campus.
There are 21 lockers in Stuart Commons, located right outside the mailroom pick-up windows. They are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for commuter students and are assigned on an academic-year basis. If you are interested in reserving a locker for the year, you can contact the Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth.
Commuter Student Meal Plans
Learn more on the Parkhurst Dining website.
Parking passes are available for purchase beginning of the fall semester and cost $250 for the academic year. Passes can be purchased at the Public Safety office on South Campus. Commuter students with “All” Campus permits may park in any marked, non-reserved space weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. The campus parking map and rules can be found here.