Registration opens July 1. Click here for the link.
Students take four courses per semester. As a first-year student, one of them will be your First-Year Studies (FIYS) course. The other three for fall semester are up to you to choose with guidance from your advisor.
Here’s all you need to know about registering for courses.
1. Review your First-Year Studies assignment letter.
You will receive a letter and email from the professor who will teach the first-year studies course to which you have been assigned. He or she will also be your first-year advisor. Learn more about First-Year Studies.
2. Take the Quantitative Readiness Assessment June 2 - 18
We’ve devised this short assessment to help you and your advisor choose appropriate classes for the fall semester. No worries — there’s no credit given and it’s not graded. Make sure to have this completed before you chat with your advisor. Learn more about the Quantitative Readiness Assessment.
3. Prepare to choose your three remaining fall courses.
- Familiarize yourself with the General Education Curriculum
- Think about what academic interests and abilities you currently possess and those you wish to acquire
- Review the general information about registration, prerequisites, and placement tests
- Find out how to apply your IB and AP credits
4. Contact and consult your advisor.
June 17 - 27
Contact can be in the form of email or phone call, and it can be initiated by you or the professor. Don’t wait for him or her to contact you; take the initiative and make an early good impression.Your advisor will help you decide which courses to take in the fall. He or she will discuss with you your interests, abilities, and desired majors, as well as answer questions you have about prerequisites, courses, any AP or IB credits you may have, and whether you should take a placement test.
5. Register for your three remaining fall courses.
July 1 - 11
Click here to link to the registration page on my.lakeforest.