- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
The &NOW AWARDS 3
This third volume of The &NOW AWARDS recognizes the most provocative, hardest-hitting, deadly serious, patently absurd, cutting-edge, avant-everything-and-nothing work from the years 2011-13. The &NOW AWARDS features writing as a contemporary art form: writing as it is practiced today by authors who consciously treat their work as an art, and as a practice explicitly aware of its own literary and extra-literary history—as much about its form and materials, language, as it about its subject matter. The &NOW conference, moving from the University of Notre Dame (2004), Lake Forest College (2006), Chapman University (2008), the University at Buffalo (2009), the University of California, San Diego (2011), Paris (Sorbonne and Diderot, 2012), the University of California Boulder (2013), and CalArts (2015)—sets the stage for this aesthetic, while The &Now Awards features work from the wider world of innovative publishing and serves as an ideal survey of the contemporary scene.
Volume Editor Megan Milks’s first collection of short fiction, Kill Marguerite and Other Stories, was published by Emergency Press in March 2014. Her stories have been included in three anthologies of innovative writing, as well as many journals; two have been adapted for performance. She currently teaches creative writing, literature, and journalism at Beloit College.
Series Editor Davis Schneiderman is the Director of &NOW Books, Associate Dean of the Faculty, and Professor of English at Lake Forest College. His works include Drain (Triquarterly) and the DEAD/BOOKS trilogy, Blank (2011), [SIC] (2013), and INK. (forthcoming) (Jaded Ibis).
March World First Publication
8 x 10, 331 pp. Trade Paper
Paper ISBN: 978-1-941423-98-1