Jamie Born ’06 became a high school English teacher after studying education and English.
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/29/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29899_english-_literature.rev.1450298125.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/29/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29900_english_header_-_writing.rev.1450298140.png)"/>
Internships and Careers
The English major offers creative writing and literature tracks, both of which offer students excellent training for the kind of clear writing, analytical reasoning, and creative thinking necessary for success in any career.
Lake Forest College facilitates five career communities called Career Pathways to help students explore major/career options and position themselves for the internships that will help them to further prepare for productive and rewarding careers after graduation. Students from all majors can participate in the Career Pathways to shape their career goals alongside of their academic interests.
English majors can find a home in any Career Pathway, but they most often find their fit in the Creative Arts or Law and Public Service.
To get an idea for which pathways students might join based upon some common English writing and literature interests, check these out:
- Editor – Creative Arts
- Technical writer – Science and Health Care
- Media associate – Creative Arts
- H.R. consultant – Business and Finance
- Lawyer – Law and Public Service
- Marketing coordinator – Creative Arts
- Librarian – Law and Public Service
Explore the Career Pathways by participating in events, reading profiles of students’ and alumni experiences, and by joining a pathway (or two). Remember to look at the next steps pages to get ideas for immediate ways to prepare yourself for great internships and a productive, rewarding career after graduation.