Approved Third-Party Programs
The following organizations have been approved by the College as program providers for transfer credit for summer programs. Approval to participate in a semester program through one of the below options must be granted by the Off-Campus Programs Committee. To gain approval to participate in one of the below programs for a semester or academic year, a student must demonstrate a compelling academic reason to participate in a non-affiliated program (that cannot be accommodated by another program on the approved list), prove that there is significant language and cultural immersion, and have written support of the program from their academic advisor.
Successful completion of programs from those organizations will earn transfer credit (not included in the GPA). Programs for which a transcript is issued by an accredited American college or university are also approved for transfer credit. Programs not on this list must be approved by the Academic Appeals Board in order to earn transfer credit.
- AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study)
- API (Academic Programs International)
- A rcadia University
- Budapest Semesters in Math
- CCIS (College Consortium for International Studies)
- CEA (Global Education)
- CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)
- CIS (Center for International Studies)
- GESI (Global Engagement Studies Institute at Northwestern University)
- IAU (Institute for American Universities)
- IES (The Institute for the International Education of Students)
- IFSA-Butler (Institute for Study Abroad at Butler University)
- ISA (International Studies Abroad)
- John Felice Rome Center at Loyola University of Chicago
- Junior Year in Munich
- OSAP (Oxford Study Abroad Programme)
- SFS (The School for Field Studies)
- SIT (Study Abroad)
- Spanish Studies Abroad
- Syracuse University
- University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center
- Washington Semester (through American University)
Keep in mind that certain individual programs offered by the above providers may be among our affiliated off-campus study programs that allow transferability of financial aid. Check out “Programs We Offer” to learn more about those options.
Please keep in mind that financial will not transfer to the above programs., unless listed on the Programs We Offer page. Lake Forest College does not offer financial aid for summer programs.