- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29895_mathematics_header.rev.1450297934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29894_computer_science_header.rev.1450297918.png)"/>
Mathematics and Computer Science
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Areas of Specialization
Analytic Number Theory
Computational Number Theory
PhD Dartmouth College 2011
Thesis: Numerically Explicit Estimates for Character Sums
Advisor: Carl Pomerance
MA Dartmouth College
BA University of Texas at El Paso
|Selected Courses Taught|
MATH 499: Great Theorems in Mathematics (Senior Seminar)
Travel grant from the American Mathematical Society to attend the 1st Congress of the Americas held in Guanajuato in August 2013.
Swarthmore College Research Award (2011-2013)
GAANN Fellowship (2006-2007)
Top 200 in the 66th Putnam exam, Dec. 2005
Cuban Mathematical Olympiads. Written by Robert Bosch. Translated by Enrique Treviño. Published by XYZ Press (2017). ISBN: 978-0-9968745-4-0
18. On generalizing happy numbers to fractional base number systems (with M. Zhylinski*).
|Articles Accepted for Publications|
1. Egyptian fractions of length 3 (with C. Banderier, C. A. Gómez Ruiz, F. Luca, and F. Pappalardi).
2. The least quadratic non-residue (with K. McGown).
3. On sums of consecutive triangular numbers (with P. Pollack and D. Subramaniam*).
4. Expected number of dice rolls for the sum to reach n.
|Undergraduate Thesis Directed|
|Richter Projects Supervised|
What’s so rational about the alphabet? by Kevin Kupiec and Marina Rawlings, Summer 2014 (3-week project).
2000-2001, participated as a student. Won a gold medal at the Mexican Mathematical Olympiad in Nov. 2001.
2003-present, member of the Chihuahua Math Olympiad Committee. I have trained many students from the state of Chihuahua.
2015-present, member of the Mexican Math Olympiad Committee.
Deputy Leader of the Mexican team participating in the sixth European Girls Mathematical Olympiad in Zurich, Switzerland from April 6, to April 12 2017.
Leader of the Mexican team participating in the seventh European Girls Mathematical Olympiad in Florence, Italy from April 9 to 15 2018.