- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29894_computer_science_header.rev.1450297918.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/54/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29895_mathematics_header.rev.1450297934.png)"/>
Mathematics and Computer Science
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Areas of Specialization
Analytic Number Theory
Computational Number Theory
PhD Dartmouth College 2011
Thesis: Numerically Explicit Estimates for Character Sums
Advisor: Carl Pomerance
MA Dartmouth College
BA University of Texas at El Paso
|Selected Courses Taught|
MATH 499: Great Theorems in Mathematics (Senior Seminar)
Travel grant from the American Mathematical Society to attend the 1st Congress of the Americas held in Guanajuato in August 2013.
Swarthmore College Research Award (2011-2013)
GAANN Fellowship (2006-2007)
Top 200 in the 66th Putnam exam, Dec. 2005
Cuban Mathematical Olympiads. Written by Robert Bosch. Translated by Enrique Treviño. Published by XYZ Press (2017). ISBN: 978-0-9968745-4-0
19. Expected number of dice rolls for the sum to reach n.
|Articles Accepted for Publications|
1. Egyptian fractions of length 3 (with C. Banderier, C. A. Gómez Ruiz, F. Luca, and F. Pappalardi).
2. The least quadratic non-residue (with K. McGown).
3. On sums of consecutive triangular numbers (with P. Pollack and D. Subramaniam*).
4. Sums of proper powers (with Paul Pollack).
|Undergraduate Thesis Directed|
|Richter Projects Supervised|
What’s so rational about the alphabet? by Kevin Kupiec and Marina Rawlings, Summer 2014 (3-week project).
Playing with Triangular Numbers by Dipika Subramaniam, Summer 2018 (4-week project).
Solving Stable Matching Problems With the Gale-Shapley Algorithm by Christian Reyes, Summer 2019 (4-week project).
The Mathematics of Consociational Democrac by Arthur J. Brown, Summer 2019 (4-week project).
2000-2001, participated as a student. Won a gold medal at the Mexican Mathematical Olympiad in Nov. 2001.
2003-present, member of the Chihuahua Math Olympiad Committee. I have trained many students from the state of Chihuahua.
2015-present, member of the Mexican Math Olympiad Committee.
Deputy Leader of the Mexican teams participating in the sixth European Girls Mathematical Olympiad in Zurich, Switzerland from April 6, to April 12 2017, and in the eight European Girls Mathematical Olympiad in Kiev, Ukraine from April 7 to April 13, 2019.
Leader of the Mexican team participating in the seventh European Girls Mathematical Olympiad in Florence, Italy from April 9 to 15 2018.
Leader of the Mexican team participating in the Ibero American Mathematical Olympiad hosted in Guanajuato, Mexico from September 11 to September 19 2019.