- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29917_mll.rev.1450299631.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/28075_imgp8377.rev.1443714354.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/57/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29918_mll2.rev.1450299632.png)"/>
Modern Languages and Literatures
Barbara J. Harvey
Lecturer in French and Education
- FREN325 Introduction to Reading Literature in French
- FREN255 Conversation and Composition
- EDUC422/522 Discipline-specific: K-12 Spanish
Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, IL
- French 110
- French 311
- Supervising Student Teachers in Elementary and Secondary Spanish placements
- ED 411: Standards-based Spanish Instruction at the Elementary Level
- ED 420: Discipline Specific Secondary Instructional Design for French and Spanish, Grades K-12
Highland Park High School, Highland Park, IL
Chairperson for World Languages Department
- Mentored and evaluated 16 teachers of Chinese, French, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, Spanish for Native Speakers, and two teacher aides in separate language labs.
- Developed curricula for department course offerings.
- Coordinated staff development.
- Lead articulation of HPHS World Language program with feeder middle schools.
- Participated in building leadership council decision-making, school improvement measures, and school management.
- Recruited and hired teachers and teacher aides.
- Consulted on and edited a Chinese I textbook written by department Chinese teacher.
- Taught AP French Language, and one other course (French II, French III or French III honors).
Classroom teacher of French V, IV honors, IV, I
ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE
Bradley University, Peoria, IL
- French 101
- French 102
Wheaton Warrenville HS, Wheaton, IL
French I and Spanish II
Morton HS, Morton, IL
French IV, I and Spanish II, I
Park Junior HS, LaGrange, IL
Spanish and ESL
Heller Keller Junior HS, Schaumburg, IL
French and Spanish
- National Louis University, Wheeling, IL
- Masters in Educational Leadership
- Illinois State University, Normal, IL
- Earned coursework credits towards Master of Arts/Foreign Languages
- Dominican University, River Forest, IL
- BA in French/Minor in Spanish. Graduated Cum Laude. Studied in Fribourg, Switzerland.
RELATED SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
- Teacher Leader/Participant at TALL-IL 1.0 “Training for Assessment and Language Learning in Illinois” 2013.
- AP French Language Exam Reader for College Board 2009.
- Completed Rutgers University Teachers at the Louvre program MA course “Bringing the Louvre into the French Classroom” 2008.
- Member of NNELL, ICTFL, AATF.
- Certification: Illinois Type 09 and Type 75.
- Led student tours to France, Spain, and China. Extensive personal travel.
- Lived in Montreal, PQ., and Kelowna, BC., Canada.