- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
College-Wide Learning Goals
We believe that all Lake Forest College graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of a broad range of 21st century approaches to knowledge production by engaging with key concepts, theories, and methods across the breadth of the liberal arts: Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Quantitative Reasoning, and Social Sciences.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of at least one academic field, including its methods of inquiry, technological tools, and traditions of scholarship, through the completion of a major program of study that culminates in a capstone experience integrating content and methods within that field.
- Locate, synthesize, and evaluate multiple and possibly divergent sources of information, thereby demonstrating the ability to think critically.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively when writing and speaking.
- Appreciate differences in social and cultural experience both within the United States and globally.
- Apply knowledge and skills in a purposeful and reflective way to experiences outside the classroom.