- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Congratulations on your new position at Lake Forest College. We are excited you have chosen to share our mission as we provide quality higher education through teaching, scholarship, community engagement and service excellence. The following orientation will provide you with all the important information and materials needed to comfortably settle into your new role. Please follow this page from beginning to end, and be sure to note the items that must be completed prior to or on your first day of work.
We understand beginning a new role can be overwhelming and therefore the Office of Human Resources is available for assistance at 847-735-5036.
New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation will serve as an introduction to our culture, shared values, leadership and key College policies. We strongly recommend the in-person orientation because it provides a more thorough and dynamic orientation to Lake Forest College. In addition, the in-person orientation give you an opportunity to receive handouts and other materials, interact with other new employees, and ask questions.
Let’s get started!
Personal On-boarding Plan is a tool to help new employees navigate their pre-arrival, college orientation and department orientation.
Your First Week
Be prepared to submit the below forms on your first day of employment. You do have the option of submitting the forms via fax or email in advance of your first day. Doing so is not required, however it will speed up the process of receiving access to our systems and email.
Required Employment Forms
- Employment Forms (email to: email@example.com)
- Federal I-9 (Please see page 3 of the I-9 form for acceptable forms of documentation. A member of HR must verify your I-9 documents. Please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and location.)
- Personal Information Sheet
- IL W-4 Form
- Federal W-4
- Wisconsin W-4
- Direct Deposit Form (Form must be returned with a copy of a void check)
- TIAA Salary Reduction Agreement Form
- Confidentiality Acknowledgement
- Monthly Employee Handbook Acknowledgement
- Hourly Employee Handbook Acknowledgement
During your first week you will be required to complete the following training:
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training; required by all employees. Personalized training link will be provided upon start.