- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Currently housing the Education, Religion, and Theater departments, as well as Career Services, the Counseling Center, and the Health Center, LEED Certified Buchanan Hall provides a variety of student-centered services.
Perhaps the most student-friendly characteristic of the 2007 major renovation of this building is that Buchanan Hall became the College’s first green building. Lake Forest College is pleased to announce that Buchanan Hall is currently in the final stages of the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification process.
Buchanan Hall features such eco-friendly aspects as preferred parking for low-emissions and fuel-efficient vehicles, water-efficient landscaping, low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) paints and coatings, Green Label Plus™-Certified carpet, and urea-formaldehyde-free composite wood products. In addition, Buchanan Hall also has dual-flush toilets and doors made from sustainably-harvested trees (certified by the Forest Stewardship Council), among other environmentally-friendly elements.