At Lake Forest College, our mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience for our students. To achieve this goal, we engage in an on-going process of feedback, evaluation, and modification.
The Assessment Committee aims to facilitate this process by providing a structure for assessment, a support system for analyzing and interpreting data, and a means of communicating results of the assessment process to the College community.
- To prioritize assessment activities
- To become informed about best practices for assessment in higher education
- To identify existing assessment activities across campus
- To perform a needs assessment to identify areas that may benefit from assessment
- To serve as a resource for interested constituencies on campus and provide opportunities for dialogue about assessment
- To frame ways that assessment is related to the mission of the College—how assessment supports the actualization of the mission statement
- To facilitate a culture that appreciates the ways in which assessment contributes to the on-going quest for excellence
Janet McCracken (fall)
Nick Wallin (spring)
Richard Mallette, ex officio
Lori Sundberg, ex officio